Specially formulated from herb extracts and proteins, HERBATINT™ uses rosemary, cinchona and walnut husk, to gently deposit colour, achieving a natural, vibrant result for your hair
Due to its unique composition, HERBATINT™ permanently colours hair without damage - resulting in a natural, subtle colour that not only looks great, but feels good time after time
Natural Gloss and Shine
HERBATINT™ has a natural translucent property to enhance your hair with a light-reflecting, healthy shine; so it doesn't create the 'block colour' look often associated with chemical colourants
Vegetal™ Hair Colour
A range of true semi-permanent hair colours. These colours enhance the shine and clarity of your natural hair colour whilst greatly improving the condition of the hair. VEGETAL™ hair colour will not do more than mask any but the earliest few white hairs.
Home hair colour used to be as cool as Crossroads, but hip chicks are now shunning the hairdresser's chair for DIY colouring jobs - even celebrity A-listers including Drew Barrymore go back to their roots for a little home improvement.
But, how many of us have been house bound after a botched bathroom disaster? Fret not - HERBATINT's™ DIY colour guide will give you subtle, natural looking colour without a bleached towel in sight:
- Always do a skin test prior to each application. Mix pea sized amounts of Herbatint™ colour and Developer and apply to skin (behind ear or on forearm below elbow). Leave on skin for 48 hours taking care not to wash off during this time. If you experience any reaction during this time (itchiness, swelling, redness) do not use the product. The same test can be applied to Vegetal if you are in any doubt as to sensitivity to the product ingredients.
- Always do a strand test. It may be 'Cinnamon Twist' on the box but it may become 'Tropicana' on your tresses
- HERBATINT™ can be safely applied to hair that has been coloured with another product. On the first occasion however, the colour might be slightly affected by the chemical pigments left by the previous product
- Only colour clean hair - product residue could interfere with developing colour
- Choose a colour two or three shades lighter than your natural tone
- Rub Royal Cream around the hairline and wear rubber gloves to stop skin staining
- DIY-it in daylight hours - hair colouring hotlines (given on hair-colouring packets) are only manned from 9.00am to 5.00pm!
- For shades that are a big contrast to your natural hair colour, call in the professionals.
- Mix colour with cornstarch to make it easier to highlight individual strands.
- Treated hair? Call the hotline number on the colourant packet first for the all-clear
- Use a stopwatch or egg timer - and don't get distracted by 'Sex in the City' or 'Friends'
- Don't use your best fluffy white towels, unless you fancy wearing this seasons tie-dyed look
- How to Mix & Apply HERBATINT™ to Ensure the Best Results
Please select your desired option using the buttons provided.
Click the images to enlarge.